Sunday, April 30, 2017

Me and my Meidong NC Music 'N Words


It's a Sunday, yet again, and a busy one at that. Work has just been completed on a monthly California newspaper I do the layouts for. This requires InDesign 2017, Photoshop 2017, Acrobat and a bunch of other tricks. I have done layouts since forever–of course, a slight exaggeration. You can read the issue HERE.

In college, I did layout work on the newspaper–back in the dark ages where one had to print up strips of titles and stories and paste it to a master sheet with glue. Now, thanks to the computer, it is a marathon with your fingers. 

I use a Mac, have a giant iMac (which I almost never use), a MacBook Pro (not the newest), an iPad and an iPhone (6 plus if you are curious.) After 30 years of using PC, I switched in 2013 and have no regrets. 

I am also editing, creating graphic work for book covers and compiling an anthology. It all happens at the same time. So you have to ask me:

"Mr. Crazy-Person, how can you focus on all that at the same time?" 


And I have to say that normally it would be difficult; however, with my new Meidong Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones, it is a joy! I am in my own universe, oblivious to the sounds of barking dogs, screaming children, television, doorbells, or anything that would make me stop.

Is this a shameless plug for these headphones? YES! Normally a decent pair would cost upwards of three-hundred dollars (which I do not have to spare.) But these... well you can click the links and find out. But you will be surprised. By the way, they work with or without a cable, which is nice once the battery is no longer able to handle wireless. 

Back to the writing–I am happy with a random assortment of music playing from Amazon Music–nice that they offer FREE playlists, even if you cannot download the music. 

So with that said, let me advise you to forget that it is Sunday, and get back to your writing. I know I am. 

This week the anthology RULES OF LIFE continues final edits for a mid-month release date. I will be posting the link for pre-orders soon.

Also in the works, a book you will love, Robin Melhuish's historical mystery ALL THAT REMAINS, the biggest Nazi con and what happened, set in a fictional realm where the lead characters are so integral to the plot. The book is anticipating an end of May release–we're working as fast as we can to do this excellent novel the justice it deserves. 

My Meidong Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones, just blasted out the soundtrack to The Force Awakens - excellent editing music

Happy Sunday! 

Stay tuned for more news, and be sure to read the MAY issue of BOOKS 'N PIECES DIGITAL MAGAZINE - It is FREE!

Authors: If you wish to submit stories, poems, articles, artwork (even for sale–you keep 100% of sale), music, or if you have a book you would like to promote (free), SUBMIT it for consideration. Even though we are unable to offer compensation, we are happy to provide you a bio and links to your site/products etc–anything that will help you sell. 










No comments:

Post a Comment